32. A new chapter of my life.
Yes, today is my birthday. A happy day for me, one that I welcome with an immense feeling of gratitude. All my life I had this picture of myself, of the woman I’d be in my thirties. So far, my expectations have been exceeded.
That isn’t to say that I didn’t have my fair share of disappointments, hard times, dark hours, failures, mistakes, heartaches. Au contraire. I surfed the waves of life just like everybody else. Things have been good, bad, really bad, great, excellent and so on.
The important thing is that I surpassed each and every period of my life as a winner and not as a victim. I took every experience as a lesson, a challenge or a trial and I moved forward. And as this day is also the perfect moment for a quick recap, here are my:
32 Takes On Life At Thirty-Two
1. The past is a teacher, not a prison.
2. The future is now. (Thank you, Teodora!)
3. “Some day” is delayed happiness.
4. Happiness is made out of little moments stitched together.
5. We are the architects of our own happiness.
6. Everything is energy. Thoughts, words, actions. What you give out is truly what you get back.
7. “Eventually everything connects.” – Charles Eames
8. Dreams are nothing else than options.
9. Dreams come true make us better people.
Being a woman
10. Self-confidence equals freedom.
11. Motherhood is indeed a rite of passage.
12. Femininity and mystery go well together.
13. Celebrate who you are and accept who you’re not.
14. The road to self-discovery is the most amazing journey in life.
15. You can literally do anything you want. The power within you, though neglected or ignored at times, is limitless.
16. “Comparison is the thief of joy.” – Theodore Roosevelt
17. Redefine success and make your own rules.
18. Rewrite your (hi)story. Be your own success story.
19. Don’t run before you learn how to walk.
20. Accept failure as being part of the game.
21. Leave room for the unexpected.
22. “The most important relationship in life is the one you have with yourself.” – Diane von Furstenberg
23. True friendship is underrated.
24. Family comes first, always.
25. Peace of mind is priceless.
26. In life, it’s the little things that make the big difference.
27. Life is short: dance as often as you can.
28. Complexity resides in imperfection.
29. Unexpressed feelings come with a price.
30. “<<No>> is a complete sentence.”- Anne Lamott
31. Life goes on no matter what.
32. Knowledge is one’s best asset. Kindness, on the other hand, is a competitive advantage.
What can I say: it’s been a fantastic ride so far and I can’t wait to write and to live the next chapter of my life. At thirty-two, life is truly beautiful and though at times the days seem long, the years that pass are really short.
Wishing you a great day ahead,
*Photo by Christina One